Goat Milk Soap
Check out our OVAL FLORAL soap, with organic goat milk, local raw honey, and shea butter. You can add lavender oil to de-stress at the end of the day.
For the purist, enjoy our HONEY BEE soap, unscented and ready to moisturize and nourish your skin. Sold in a pack of 2. Made with organic goat milk, and local raw honey.
For your littles, or to nourish extra sensitive skin, try our BABY GOAT soap made with organic goat milk, local raw honey and oatmeal. If you’re searching for an original, this sweet soap, handmade with love, is the perfect shower gift!
G.O.A.T. Giving Opportunities so Adults can Thrive is a Social Enterprise. Our artisans are young adults with differing abilities, furloughed from jobs and day programs due to the pandemic. We are working together to offer you, our customers, a unique product that will soothe skin and fight dryness after days of washing your hands and most surfaces with foam soaps and alcohol wipes.
Our crew is getting back to work, in the safety of their homes, creating a needed product, taking pride in their handmade soap. They are becoming more self-sufficient through earning income. Our hope is to expand our team of artisans in our county, as the demand for our goat milk and honey soap grows.
Did you know unemployment among people with intellectual disabilities is more than twice as high as for the general population? According to the “National Snapshot of Adults with Intellectual Disability in the Workforce” :
- Only 44% of adults with ID aged 21-64 are in the labor force. This is compared to 83% of working-age adults without disabilities who are in the labor force.
- The unemployment rate for adults with ID is more than twice as high as those without disabilities.
- 21% of working age adults with ID are unemployed.This is compared to less than 8% of adults without disabilities who are unemployed.
- 28% of working age adults with ID have never held a job.
- Only 34% of adults with ID aged 21-64 are employed, and an approximately equal number work in a sheltered setting as a competitive setting (where most people do not have disabilities).
Regardless of the setting in which they work, almost all adults with ID are underemployed (are not full time and earn less than the minimum wage).
TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE, WE HAVE INITIATED THE GOAT PROJECT, starting in Rockwall County, TX, so young adults with ID can regain their pride, engage in occupation, network with others to overcome the isolation we’ve all experienced over the past 6 months.
People with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) can be employed in the community and earn competitive wages. Our goat milk soap is extra special. Besides crafting small batch, handmade products, with natural organic ingredients- treating your skin to vitamins A,C,D,E, and fatty acids, our soaps come from the GOAT project.
With every bar of soap that you purchase
Meet The Team
Support job training
Individual training and support for workforce is an important and necessary part of this process. It is also a costly one. Invest in our Social Enterprise.